Review: 7 Wonders by Leaders Cosmetics USA
Jen here, and this is my first time sharing on Key To Radiance, so allow me to start off with a little bit about myself:
I’ve been using masks since middle school (even though back then it was mostly just cucumber slices), so I have tried basically a million different kinds (note: I am slightly dramatic sometimes). When I first heard about Leaders Insolution (no, not some leadership camp) from Tricia, I was excited because I love discovering new brands. Leaders Insolution is a Korean brand now selling in stores like Ulta.
Specifically, from the brand, I got to try out the 7 Wonders Coconut Gel Masks. First, let me start off by saying this package deal actually comes with 6 masks (not 7), and each mask has a specific role designed to target a different problem area each day. I have slightly sensitive combination skin so I welcome all types of masks.
This past week I traveled to New York City and back home so I thought it was a good idea to start my (almost) week of masks while still in the city. The specific functions of the masks included in the 7 Wonders package (in the order I used them) are: Calming, Moisturizing, Anti-Pollution, Brightening, Pore-Minimizing, and Anti-Aging. I did take a day off from the masks in the middle because frankly, I forgot.
About the Product
There is a unique ingredient in each mask, I’ll list them for you in the order I used the masks:
- Caribbean coconut - calming mask: is known for its high vitamin E which helps soothe irritated skin.
- Kalahari melon - moisturizing mask: contains oils that reinforce the skin’s barrier function and locks in the moisture.
- Amazonian acai - anti-pollution mask: contains vitamin C, B, and E that helps detox the skin and helps treat skin pollutants.
- Mediterranean olive - brightening mask: helps even out skin tone and treats hyperpigmentation, leaving your skin dewy and bright.
- Himalayan camellia flower - pore minimizing mask: restores the skin by reducing fine line and pores. And fun fact: it’s popular in East Asia to make antioxidant teas using this flower.
- Tundra cranberry - anti-aging mask: is a resilient superfood that helps prevent premature aging and treats fine lines and wrinkles.
The kit also comes with a cute cat headband which was very useful because I have a lot of baby hair that love getting in the way.
The actual mask is in between two layers of protective film to keep in the moisture. You peel one film off, put that side of the mask on your face, then peel the other side off.
While it is a bit of a process, I love the actual mask because it’s very thin and stays flat on my face. If you usually have problems with sheet masks staying flat on your face, I recommend giving this a try! The product has a light fresh scent.
I incorporated the masks as the last step into my nightly routine, which consists of removing my makeup with Neutrogena makeup wipes, cleansing my face with Neutrogena purifying pore scrub, and lastly using a toner on my face.
My Experience and Thoughts
Throughout the month of July and early August I did a lot of traveling by plane, by train, and by bus and my skin was definitely feeling it because I had been slacking on the face masks. But after this week of the 7 wonders, my skin is moisturized, more evenly toned, and glowing. I usually have smooth skin in terms of acne (I’m very blessed in that region) so my main problems with my face are red spots, dry spots, and blackheads.
The most noticeable difference I saw at the end of the week was that my pores were smaller and my dry spots were gone. As for the oily parts of my face, the masks didn’t make me oilier but it also didn’t get rid of my oily-ness.
Overall, the thing I loved most about these masks was the sheet mask itself and how thin it was! After the 20-25 minutes, there is zero dripping so it’s not messy and my face loved the nutrients!
Thank you for reading!
P.S. The products were sponsored by Leaders Insolution.