Beauty, Packed: What Goes into the Beauty Bag (Episode 1)
Happy Thursday, everyone!
I'm going to Las Vegas tomorrow for a friend's birthday party and because I often get asked what I bring with me on my trips, and how I pack so lightly, I decided to feature my travel beauty bag this week!
Both Elaine and I travel frequently and depending on where we go, what the destination weather is like, and what the weight limit is for our carry-ons or the suitcases we're checking in, we bring different products with us. Our skin will always be affected somewhat by being on a plane because of the dry atmosphere and high altitude, so naturally, it requires more attention than usual.
We all know what Vegas weather is like. Dry, and drier. I mean, it's a desert, so what do you expect, right? Not only will it be extremely dry, I'm expecting a couple of late nights and I know I will be in the sun a lot, so my skin will also be tired and irritated.
With that in mind, let's see what I'm bringing with me:
Products that appeared in the video:
- Vital-Perfection: Treatment Cleansing Foam by Shiseido, in travel size: This face wash is creamy and hydrating, which is perfect for the dry weather.
- Juno Essential Face Oil by Sunday Riley: My cheeks will be extra dry after being in the sun, so I'm bringing this face oil with me to use day and night to make sure my skin stays moisturized.
- Helix AM/PM Eye Gel by Volition: I've been using this eye gel and liking how light it feels. Since I don't want my skin to be weighed down by heavy products, I think this is a good fit.
- Kale + Spinach Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid by Youth to the People: This is one of my favorite go-to moisturizers. It is light and goes on smoothly after I apply the face oil and eye gel. I'm scooping some up and packing it into a smaller container.
- Chamomile Soften Skin Mask by Mori: Chamomile is a soothing ingredient, which is what I will need after staying up late.
- Goddess Skin Clay Mask by Charlotte Tilbury, in sample packet: This clay mask (expect a more in-depth review soon) is my recent favorite and I'm bringing the test sample with me for the second night. It tightens my pores and clears my skin without over-drying it.
- The Invisible Shield by Glossier: The one thing I mustn't forget to bring! This sunscreen is light and because I'll be going to a pool party (yay!), I don't want anything that will cake up my face. I want to be sure my skin can breathe at all times, too!
- Pores No More Luminizer Primer by Dr. Brandt: I don't plan to use a foundation because of the heat, so I'm bringing this slightly-tinted primer instead.
- Boy Brow by Glossier: This, an easy way to ensure I have good-looking eye brows.
- Cloud Paint by Glossier: And this, to give my cheeks some color!
- The Hyper Curl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline: I have several mascaras, but this one I'm bringing is waterproof, which works well with water (from the pool), and sweat.
- Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in Rose by Tarte Cosmetics, in sample size: This will be my daytime lip color. I got this with my Sephora points to give it a try, and I fell in love with it since the first time I used it! It's quickly becoming my everyday choice.
- Velvet Matte Lip Color in Rouge Louboutin by Christian Louboutin: This bright red lip color will be for going out at night!
- 101 Ointment by Lanolips: The 101 Ointment can be used in various ways, which makes it a very handy product to bring along.
- Aqua XL Eye Pencil by Make Up For Ever, in sample size: I don't really use eye shadow on a daily basis but I do use eyeliners!
- Miss Dior's Blooming Bouquet Perfume by Dior, in travel size: I never bring my actual perfume out, and you shouldn't too! It wastes too much space and weight!
I have all the essentials with me, and most of them in travel size, so I can save space for what I might bring back! What are some products that you must pack into YOUR beauty bag? Share with us in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!
P.S. Key To Radiance is a Glossier brand rep and the eye gel is sponsored by Volition. We are not affiliated with any of the other brands mentioned in this article.