My Benefit Beauty Look with Just 3 Simple Products

My Benefit Beauty Look with Just 3 Simple Products

          Years ago, I used to wear makeup on a daily basis — Mondays to Fridays when I go to work and on the weekends when I meet friends — because I wanted to look presentable (and good, duh). After two tiring years in business school, discovering Korean skincare, and also coming to the epiphany that healthy, radiant skin is the best look, I gave my beauty routine an overhaul and now wear practically no foundation 95% of the time (the other 5% when I do is for big events like weddings and galas). To still look polished when I meet others who may or may not know of my cat lady-like existence, I’ve basically distilled my going-out beauty routine to 3 easy steps so you can almost with certainty say, “I got up looking like this”. (Note: This does not include the skincare prep you do beforehand!) My leading product examples are all from Benefit Cosmetics because I love how quickly and productively they achieve the desired results for me.

(L-R): Benefit Cosmetics' Gimme Brow, Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain, and Benebalm in rose.

(L-R): Benefit Cosmetics' Gimme Brow, Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain, and Benebalm in rose.

Step 1: Defined Eyebrows

          Full eyebrows have taken center stage in the recent years, even eclipsing fluffy eyelashes, thanks to Cara Delevingne paving the way with her signature bushy slickers. Growing up I’ve always had full eyebrows (thank goodness, knock on wood), and with Benefit’s Gimme Brow Gel I am now able to achieve a full, clean (or bushy, depending on how you brush) brow look that makes them look on fleek all the time. Pro tip: Start by brushing on the gel from the middle of the brow to its tail end, then go back and work the front because natural-looking, aesthetically-pleasing brows go from lighter to darker. I also like Glossier’s Boy Brow (get it here), and next to try on my list is Eyeko’s Brow Gel (someone tell me if it’s worth it!).

Step 2: Flushed Cheeks

My "no makeup, everyday look" with just the 3 Benefit products!

My "no makeup, everyday look" with just the 3 Benefit products!

          To achieve a slightly flushed, I-just-worked-out look, I’ve eschewed powder blushes — which tend to make you look a tad more “made up” — and switched to tints instead. My go-to tint is Benefit’s Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain. I brush the liquid (just a little bit — get the excess off on the opening like how you would with nail polish) in 3 quick strokes in an upward motion along my cheekbones from the apples of my cheeks to somewhere below my temples, and then quickly blend with my fingers. It takes all of 5 seconds, really, to get that ingénue look. Sometimes, instead of a tint I would even use my favorite matte or semi-matte red lip color and apply 3 dots in that same upward motion with the tip of the stick to achieve similar results. Be careful not to use a heavy hand though, because lipsticks are a lot more pigmented and no one wants to end up looking like Fizbo the clown.

Step 3: Juicy Lips

          While I have a love affair with bold red lips (just look at a few of my previous posts for confirmation), on the reg I usually go for something really simple. And since I struggle with dry lips — just an extension of my overall dry skin condition — I use balms pretty frequently. Recently, I found Benefit’s Benebalm in rose just perfect for me — it’s reasonably hydrating, doesn’t taste weird or smell noxious, and best of all, contains Benetint in it, lending my lips that subtle, soft rose color that makes those smackers look like luscious fruit. Before, I would sweep on Benetint and layer it with my favorite lip balm, then maybe a light gloss, but the effect is not quite even, because Benetint will sink into different parts of the skin of your lips differently, if you know what I mean (*as with most tints). With Benebalm, I get my desired level of glossiness, color, and all the hydration. Yeah…I’m gonna stick with that.
 

          What’s your pared down beauty routine for the everyday? What are your must-uses? Let us know in the comments below!

          Key To Radiance is not affiliated or sponsored by any of the brands mentioned whatsoever.

 
Interview: A Peek into Actress Roz Pho’s Beauty Life

Interview: A Peek into Actress Roz Pho’s Beauty Life

Radiance Discovery: The 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm by Lanolips

Radiance Discovery: The 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm by Lanolips